Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. -MC
Like us and spread the word-yoga is for
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
"I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks." -William Shakespeare
“It is not only the most difficult thing to know oneself, but the most inconvenient one, too.” – H.W. Shaw
One of the Niyamas, or observances in a yoga lifestyle is called Svadhyaya. It means to look within and to study. Is there something that you need to have a second look at? Perhaps it is your job, your relationships, your interactions with others, your health choices-take a look.
Speaking of health choices, there are some exciting new yoga classes coming up in November at Liberty Fitness Center. Introduce a family member or a friend to yoga and get a special rate on a Monday. Try a Body Strong class combined with yoga on a Saturday. Be looking for our new schedule next week!
Homework this week: UPAVISTHA KONASANA
1. Seated in Staff pose, spread the legs out as wide as comfortable with the toes and knee caps pointing straight up.
2. Inhale the arms up towards the ceiling, and exhale the arms forward reaching through the fingers, lowering the palms flat to the floor.
3. Walk the fingertips forward, gently deepening the stretch. Keep the focus on reaching out from the waist to keep the spine long.
4. Breathe and hold for 3-8 breaths.
5. To release: slowly inhale the arms back up to the ceiling and exhale them down to your sides or slowly walk the hands in as you round up the spine.
Benefits: Seated angle deeply opens the hips while stretching the entire back side of the body: legs, back, and arms.